Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bandpass filter in ADS by using Spiral inductor interdigC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicman

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am design banpass filter by using planar lumped element(spiral inductor and interdigital capacitor) at 10GH.It is easy to do it with the L,C in ADS lumped element ,but the problem I faced when I tried to convert the lumped elemnt values from oridinary one to planar lumped element and connect them the simulation results do not match the designed bandpass filter( by converting each lumped L with a spiral inductor and each lumped C with an interdigital capacitor ).some one told that because the parasitic elements inside the planar lumped element.

how can I overcome the parasitic element inside the lumped elements?
how can I design bandpass filter by using spiral inductor and interdigital capacitor?
what should I design my elemnet effective values at what frequency ?

thanks

in 10 GHz range u can use microstrips , instead of lumped elements

khouly

Re: bandpass filter in ADS by using Spiral inductor interdi

hi electronicman
Even if u use microstrip elements there r also parasitic elements come in to picture.
how much missmatch u r getting?
check your calculations again.
when u use capacitor make width of micro strip line large & when u use inductor make width of line small to reduce effect of parasitic elements
I hope this will help
Abhishekabs

Re: bandpass filter in ADS by using Spiral inductor interdi

If you have a candidate layout for your spiral and or capacitor in ADS, you could use Sonnet Lite to simulate the devices and put the model back into ADS.

I think I saw that the latest version of Sonnet Lite has an interface to ADS so you can send the component to Sonnet for EM simulation and get a Layout Component back in ADS with S-parameter model and a layout look alike symbol for schematic. I think you can also tweak the geometry in the Sonnet simulator to tune the element geometry. Sonnet has an equivalent circuit extractor too that fits the circuit to an equivalent pi-network of lumped elements. Sometimes that helps to see what your parasitic and losses look like.

--Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back