Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Li-ion battery charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

leomecma

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
People, the termination method for li-ion batteries is the minimal current, right?

How I can use this with load across the battery? My load isn't constant, and sometimes has high current sink.

Anyone know how cellular does?

leomecma

Hi

You have to isolate the battary charging path from the main power path in order to charg the battery with out error

there are some cherger (from the current generation) who can do that internally for other chrger you have to use automatic switch like the LTC4412 from linear

All the best

BObi

i think a current limiting circuit just as used in regulators at the connection between the battery and the load would work fine....

I think BQ2000 from texas provide solution for problem it provides charging with load connected

Check This Link below

**broken link removed**

This is an IC used for charging Li-ion battery, if you need any othe information feel free to contact me

cheers.

Send Your Battery specifications
Max Battery Voltage
Max Charge Current
Max Charge Voltages
or Battery Model Number
Then i will suggest you what to do?

You can use current monitoring IC for your battery current monitoring
like ZXCT1010

Hope this will be helpful!
Battery Charger Termination Issues With System Load Applied Across Battery While Charging
which can be access from TI's website.

i m using my homebuild charger for li ion.
it is constant current charger with lm317.
and an op amp for voltage sensing for autooff the charger when the cell charges upto 4.2v.

thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back