Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Spiral Inductor simulation using ADS Momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

indu15

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ads momentum examples spiral

Hello,

I am trying to simulate the spiral inductor using ADS momentum tool (enclosed is the project file that I am talking about) by using MRIND component as starting point and added two port at each end of the inductor and added parameter n in the layout component parameter and created layout component successfully.
Next, started creating AMC model (advanced model composer) and in the model parameters tab enters freq's from 1 to 20 GHz and in the layout parameters tab selected discrete list as the sweep type and gave 2,3,4 values for n. So, while creating the AMC model it gave me the following error:
The model for the layout component is not found in the modeldatabase, a new model is generated for the requested parameters values.

Momentum simulation error.
Please verify substrate and layout, and try single Momentum simulation.

And while simulating I am getting following error:

Inversion of singular matrix encountered.
I also tried simulating other spiral inductor design (I did not attach this project) by using the spiral_ind component from the designkit library but I did not succeed which gave a different error:

Singular matrix at row 184.

So, is there any step that I am missing out in these designs? Could anyone please help me out in overcoming these errors? I really appreciate your great help.

Thanks in advance!
Indu

ads momentum inductor

It is simulating fine in ADS.which version or release of ADS you are using?

spiral inductor momentum

try to use the port editor and make it internal , anc check the results

khouly

ads spiral inductor simulation model

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am using ADS2006A version. Actually, when I first installed ADS2006A I specified $HOME as just C: & I came to know that this could be causing config problems. Home should always be something like
C:/users/your_name/ads2006A itseems. So, I tried re-installing in the correct location but still I am getting same errors (Since 2 days I think I un-installed and re-installed ADS2006A for at least 5-6 times but no use). I don't know where is the problem?

Thank you,
Indu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back