Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

3 questions in SOC Encounter, pls help me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eminem198123

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
1。As you know, the OVERLAP layer in LEF is for defining rectilinear blocks, now I want list all the physical box for this layer, what command or TCL scripts can I use?

2。I want to cut a routing blockage in one floorplan to make routing guides. For example, I dont have M5 cell routing blockage in a LEF hard block, I add this routing blockage at the top level, I have to cut some notches according to the pin shapes (if pins are on M5), then router can make M5 connections to these pins without DRC. How can I cut these notches on the added M5 routing blockage, this is more like a polygon operation, do Encounter have such db commands? I dont want to modify the LEF file (to add the M5 obstruction).

3。I want to know how encounter keep the hierarchy information of a design, since all backend tools make a design in virtual flat mode. But it should have some mechanism to keep the hierarchy informations. It uses this information to dump a new hierarchical netlist for later design STA or something. (As far as I know, MAGMA's Blast Fusion use split cells which has the same name as the hierarchical term to keep the hierarchy infomations)

Thanks in advance!!

for cadence tool
skill is the best language
you can write a skill script to solve the first and the second problem
it is not diffcult

SOC Encounter only support FE-TCL? I am not sure
if it is true, there are lots methods to solve it.
for example, you can read your design with virtuso, and then do it in virtuso.
or read your gds2 with your skill srcipt,
tool is dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back