Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gate lavel simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipulsinha

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys

We understand that whan we have done the Place and route of a design we try to verify its timing by doinf POST LAYOUT timing analysis. Just after the synthesis we also try to verify whether the design is working fine by doing GATE LAVEL simulation. In the FPGA Flow can anyone suggest as to how to go about gate level file. What we get after synthesis is EDIF or EDN file format. How to get a gate lavel file after RTL synthesis so as to verify its functionality with simulation.
and specially after place and route we get a back annotated file for simulation so second querry is as to how to model the SDF ( Standard delay format) with it to get results in simulation for timing violations.
Pls specify
Regards
Vips

After the synthesis u need add EDIF file to ur design, i.e. replace ur RTL file in ur design. And u must copy SDF file to same dir. Then u can run simulation to dynamic verification after scan.
Above all, just apply for FPGA design.
Any mistake, plz let me know.Thks.

Hi

Do you mean that an EDIF file with SDF file can be simulated on modelsin?????

Hi, vips
Yes, I do edif sim on modelsim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back