Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boundaries and excitations in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxxim

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss coaxial cable

Hi everybody,

I am trying to create a plane wave in HFSS using wave port with perfect E and perfect H boundaries. Does anybody know if Wave Port could touch periodic boundaries (perfect E, perfect H, symmetry, master/slave) in HFSS? Also I am looking for HFSS manual/user's guide/handbook. Does it exist? Thanks in advance.

hfss coaxial

plz contact me; I have a book of HFSS corporation, in which alot of exps usefuls, you can take it but you need to read it carefully for the discussing here with me hehe

hfss coax

here is HFSS manual read it and understand the examples
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/35218258/Ansoft_-_hfss_V10_book.pdf.html

perfect e hfss

Thank you guys. The manual is realy good and contain more information than HFSS help. By the way, does anybody know if one can define Perfect H boundary at the edge of a Wave Port? The manual says that we can not, but I do not undestand why...

hfss excitations

can u plz guide me how to give co axial feed..

Added after 7 minutes:

i cant download the link..plz tel me wat 2 do now:cry:

plane wave excitation in hfss

menz said:
can u plz guide me how to give co axial feed..

Added after 7 minutes:

i cant download the link..plz tel me wat 2 do now:cry:

1.draw a circle(coax diameter) on ground plane and then subtract it from ground plane
2. draw a cylinder at vacum (at coax diameter)
3. draw a cylinder (pim of coax) and assign it to pec
4. draw a probe from the end of pim to patch.
5. draw a circle at the bottom of coax and assign wave excitation on it.

metrics are important but hfss warns you if intersection occurs. good luck.

hfss manual site:edaboard.com

how can i calculate the dia'z of di electric..and why we assign pec to it..i have many questionz.does the radius of excitatiion port matters.plz help me..as soon as possible.

Added after 3 minutes:

can u plz tell me what are the radius of feed line at resonnating freq 10ghz..plz tell me :cry:

coaxial cable hfss

menz said:
how can i calculate the dia'z of di electric..and why we assign pec to it..i have many questionz.does the radius of excitatiion port matters.plz help me..as soon as possible.

Added after 3 minutes:

can u plz tell me what are the radius of feed line at resonnating freq 10ghz..plz tell me :cry:

1. coax fed are simulated with PEC(Perfect Electrical Conductor)
2. Radius of excitation ofcourse matters
3. You can use tuning tool of HFSS for calculating the radius of feed line for your project. Or find a coax feed and apply its dimensions to your project and tune your project with other variables (dimensions, feed entry point etc.)

Good luck.

hfss tuning

hi zirtapoz

i need some information.plz help me to find it.
you said " 2. draw a cylinder at vacum (at coax diameter)"

if i use Teflon other than vacum (at coax diameter) when drawing a cylinder,
shall it be ok?
wat is the standared coax diameter shall i choose for designing patch antenna?

thank you

hfss coax

cyberspace9 said:
hi zirtapoz

i need some information.plz help me to find it.
you said " 2. draw a cylinder at vacum (at coax diameter)"

if i use Teflon other than vacum (at coax diameter) when drawing a cylinder,
shall it be ok?
wat is the standared coax diameter shall i choose for designing patch antenna?

thank you

drawing cylinder at vacuum simulates coax's outer conducter. So if you assign teflon to it results changes. and first find a good coax for your operating frequency(low loss on that frequency) and simulate it.

perfect h boundary

Hey i have similars problems simulating a patch antenna, Is the vacuum coax the dielectric in this case? If you put other dielectric what happend with the ground, a coaxial cable supposed to have the ground in the outer.

Thanks in advance.

hfss coaxial fault

roderick81 said:
Hey i have similars problems simulating a patch antenna, Is the vacuum coax the dielectric in this case? If you put other dielectric what happend with the ground, a coaxial cable supposed to have the ground in the outer.

Thanks in advance.

you have to draw a circle void to the ground plane with the same diameter of coax. So, HFSS assumes it as coax. if you change the material, it also changes the charecteristic empedanca of coax. you can use this type of coax, but results ll not be normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back