Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PT write SDF file, same Spef file , different uncertaince

Status
Not open for further replies.

tukken

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
spef sdf pt

Hi, need your help.
When PT write SDF file,
If we have same spef file, same library,
but we set different clock uncertaince, do we get same SDF file?

I want to know, if we set different clock uncertaince, the timing check of DFF will be different or not.

Thank.

Re: PT write SDF file, same Spef file , different uncertainc

we need spef file to back-annotated our netlist,in this way, and we'll get full RC information from layout. PT which is a powerful gate-level STA tool can help us implement the back-annotation process.
For different clocks, we can define different clocks uncertainty.PT groups the different clocks in different clock domains, and the paths in different clock domains will be optimized separately.

Thanks, I'd like to know if we could get same timing check in SDF file with different clock uncertaince setting.

Re: PT write SDF file, same Spef file , different uncertainc

if you set_propagated_clock and set_clock_uncertainty both on,

pt will use actual skew + your set skew to check setup and hold timing.

this is a method to provide margin.

tukken said:
Hi, need your help.
When PT write SDF file,
If we have same spef file, same library,
but we set different clock uncertaince, do we get same SDF file?

I want to know, if we set different clock uncertaince, the timing check of DFF will be different or not.

Thank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back