Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD 20X4 VARITRONIX LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashad

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
varitronix lcd

Hi,

i am interfacing the VARITRONIX 20X4 lcd the part number is MDLS20464-LV-LED04 with 8051 based controller

i previously interfaced HD44780 20x4LCD no problem but when i am using same program with this LCD it is not working

i think program is working fine there is any problem in Contrast voltage at pin 3

i don't know why the data is not displaying on it i tried several time and i gave different voltages Negative and positive on Contrast pin but no use...

kindly tell me

hd444780

It would be better if you could post a link to the datasheet of the module so that people here could have a look at it and provide some inputs.
What I infer is that the module may not be HD44780 compliant or if it is HD44780 compliant the pinout connections are different from the one that you used previously.
But a more precise evaluation is only possible by going through the data sheet of the module and comparing the commands with an HD444780 commands.

lcd 20x4 datasheet

Thanks Abid

the pins are same but in this LCD KS0070B controller is used i think this is the main difference...

if any one previously worked on this KS0070B LCD controller then please tell me how i can interface these type of LCD Controller with the 8051 based controller

varitronix lcd conrast

This link might give you some idea about interfacing. Hope it helps.
Otherwise google around to something like LCD Info.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.