Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading active energy with ADE7754

Status
Not open for further replies.

houssem_daff

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
i'm using an ADE7754 to read the active energy from a triphase network with a PIC16F877.

I could acquire VRMS, IRMS and the active power from each phase separately, but I couldn’t read the total active energy because I don’t have any idea how to manage the ADE7754.
Could you please send me any source code (any language, mcu)

thanks

hello friend,,

With the watmode register select the part of formula that you want..

I work with this IC ,,, I can´t get the information of the sign of the power active.

Sometimes the VAENERGY gives me different values,, Do you see the same??

Hi dears!

I have designed three phase wireless smart energy meter using ADE7754 chip. And calculated voltage, current, active power, apparent power, energies, power factor etc.

But ADE7754 does not calculates reactive power. Any guidance plz. Can i find reactive power sign???

Thanks dear.

Naveed

Reactions: amnart

amnart

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Simplest way is S2 = P2 + Q2, where 2 means power of 2, S = apparent power, P=active power, Q=reactive power.

Another way is integrating, is on a application note on analog devices.

Hi dears!

I have designed three phase wireless smart energy meter using ADE7754 chip. And calculated voltage, current, active power, apparent power, energies, power factor etc.

But ADE7754 does not calculates reactive power. Any guidance plz. Can i find reactive power sign???

Thanks dear.

Naveed

Dear Naveed,
Can you please send me the code you developed for three phase wireless smart energy meter using ade7754?

It would be really helpful.
email: swap_bhosale@yahoo.co.in

Status
Not open for further replies.