Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Does the SMS service provider send the data over the SMS in binary form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

picko_again

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am developing a java application that encrypt a SMS and sends it...the problem is that java deals with characters in the unicode representation and after encryption the binary value may represent a unicode character that is not a nature language character..like ETX or something...if I use my software to send this encrypted data via SMS would that be accepted...in other words does the SMS service provider restricts that the sent data over the SMS be a valid human readable character or they send it in binary form and the mobile phones convert them to characters??? thanks in advance...

SMS Problem

Hi,

I think that Service provider send the SMS in binary form and the mobile phones convert them to characters, because I tried to send a random code message in unicode mode....and I receive it.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.