Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for cocentric SystemC

Status
Not open for further replies.
SystemC

i know SystemC is used for system verification,
but i want to know how good is compared to vhdl at synthesis.
does SystemC produce efficient designs

looking at mento and cadence products, they only offer SystemC for verification, does this mean SystemC is not efficient for synthesis of designs.

Hi ,
SytemC is very efficient for synthesis.. But the industry always lags in implementation of the latest SW n methodologies . They tend to implement that particular methodology or SW only after they have seen much success being reported. I have personally used SystemC and it does very decent job. The main reason why only mentor and Cadence has products is becoz they r pretty big EDA companies n can invest in use of new EDA developments. Even Synopsys has SystemC products. If you search google u can find many. Some start-ups are already offering SystemC based IP's. you can check www.systemc.org for futher info regarding ur doubts and news related to systemc and what systemC can do.

thx kbulusu.

Can you tell me which tool can synthesis the design with SystemC?

Synopsys has the tool to support SystemC..
It's called CoCentric SystemC Compiler. Besides that, there are:

-CoCentric Fixed-Point Designer - fixing all the floating points problems
-CoCentric System Studio - an environment for smooth simulation downto gate-level netlist.

Re: cocentric SystemC

Other SystemC synthesis tools:
. Forte Design System: Cynthesizer
. Future Design Automation(FDA): SystemCenter
. Prosilog: Nepsys
. Tenison EDA : VTOC
. Y Explorations: eXCite

Re: cocentric SystemC

There is also another tool from Celoxca company called DK1 start from C and make synthesis for the C code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back