Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

I need an advice for DATA ACQUISITION way

Status
Not open for further replies.

nebisman

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends:

I'm working in the prototype of controller. For this purpose I'm using the XpcTarget from MATLAB which allows to use a computer in real time.

My problem is that I don't have any of the supported hardware for A/D, but the software have this standart formats supported:

UDP
CAN
access to port adress (IOREAD IOWRITE)
RS-232 (but this isn't useful for me for slow data rate of TX/RX )

My question is:

1. How can I interface (very easy) the PC ports using the PCI or EISA buses with microcontrollers?. My need is to access three kind of data using three diferent adresses.

2. Is it posible to make a microntroller interface for CAN or UDP and what I need in the PC?.

please help me

nebisman

You Can Use DAQ card of National Instrument. It has Analog I/Q and Digital I/O,and It is PCI interface.

Hello!

Why do you wana have PCI card? What is your smapling rate-is that a reason?

You can get wery good PCI cards for 600Euro's. Are you interested?

Otherwise you can try to make something on USB or RS232...

Please explain your needs more acuratly and maybe I can help you.

Regards!

Whith RS-232 you can send data at 114kbs , It's fast enough for controll the system and simple to build. How is your max. transfer rate ?

.. in fact i have used the DAQ card of National Instrument. It has Analog I/O and Digital I/O,and It also has a PCI interface and works very well with MATLAB.

Thanks for your responses. US 600 (typical price for these AD boards ) I'ts very expensive for me and for my app I don't require it.

problem statement is:

I need to control a synchronous motor position & velocity
I need to capture a position signal from an encoder (8 bits at high sampling rate) and send the command outputs (three for synchronous motors, 30bits for three 10 bits resolution PWM), these PWM outputs are generated by microcontroller. All I need is to transfer the 30 bits to the microcontroller. The commanded outputs are calculated by a complex nonlinear controller. Sampling rate is about 1ms, but the calculations are complex and I can't waste long time in communications.

for example RS232 at 115.000 kbps
40 bits of time =347us too long time wasted for calculation.

I need a cheep solution based on above comments

thanks for your help.

nebisman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back