Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about sigma-delta modulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiangxb

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

i have design a sigma-delta modulator chip, and now i'm measuring it. i found a question: the filtered output signal of modulator has disconnected case, as blew. in general, there are often these disconnects after a time interval. this is a 2-2 modulator.

I'm not sure, but may be it is due to an idle tone .Just guessing .

Maybe it's a data buffering problem, such as an overflowing FIFO, causing blocks of data to be repeated or skipped.

jiangxb

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi ieropsaltic and echo47

these are possible, but i will verify them.

this plot is a output when input is a dc. this disturb often occurs.

One easy way to check for a data buffering problem is to apply a low frequency triangle wave, and look for strange output discontinuities.

try putting some BSF stoping the one at the disconuity. if t fine then it is the problem of tones.

hi sriramachandra

what is BSF? can you explain in detail? i should how to do? thank you.

hi echo47

maybe this is a buffering problem indeed. i used a data acquisition card to acquire the data from modulator, when i set larger buffer allocated, the discontinuity disappear.

thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.