Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

colpitts oscillator help

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcone

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hye,
I've build this oscillator and it works perfect but I need to switch the positions of the 2 variables capacitors to have the 15p-280p grounded (I have some Hf signals coming from antenna) The problem is when I permute the two CVs, I dont have the same frequency range ?? What can I do without changing the circuit? Thanks

What is your tuning frequency ?

Did you try to change 65pF VC to a fix SMD cap. of 62 pf or 68pF. Then tune another VC only. It's difficult to trim both vc at the same time. Besides, the parasite inductance due to vc leads has significant effect on upper frequency limit.

hye,
the tuning range is 990 Khz to 2150 Khz (local oscillator for AM broadcoast). I've tried a fix 65pf but I need to have both VC1 & VC2 grounded (This is a gang cap's type)
When I do that, the oscillator dont oscillate on 990 to 2150 ??

Just make the 2 capacitors constant and add a variable capacitor between drain node and ground to tune the frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back