Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Video signal through power line. Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinal patel

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make a transiver unit through which i can transmitt the received video signal (from cable operator) through the power line. can any one guide me for the same? is it possible?
My idea is like this. The output of cable i.e modulated video signal heaving the frequency starting from 47MHz or else, should be given to my transmitter unit,the output of which i can give to power line. Then again from next node operating on same transformer area, i can plug in my receiver unit so output of which is again original cable signal that i have used in transmiter input side. so i can give to TV unit directly. Now i require a help through which i can design transmitter and receiver unit. Please give me some idea so i can go ahead.
thanks in advance

Standard power line is not designed to transmit HF signals and on top of that for modulated video transmission one needs some bandwidth ..
Taking into account the nature of the video signal I don't think it is feasible ..

Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back