Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to enhance the 1dB compression point of LNA ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchopper

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,friends, my 1dB compression point is -39dBm, Does anybody can show me a solution to enhance it, thank you !

to enhance ur 1 dB compression point , u need to use some sort of feedback to reduce the gain , and hence get good linearity "source degeneration" in common source LNA ,
then u need to optimize the bias point of the ctive device to get the best 1 dB point

what is the topology of the LNA u use ?

khouly

thks for your reply first,
I use the cascode topolgy.
================================
then u need to optimize the bias point of the ctive device to get the best 1 dB point
========================
I have reduce the bias point of the active MOS, but there seems to be no obvious improvement.

do use source or emitter degeneration ?
and do u changed the bias of the main device or the cascode device ?

khouly

-39dBm P1dB for an LNA means there you have a problem different than emitter degeneration or envelope filtering. These approaches allow tweaking the IP3 no more than 10dB.
For better IP3 you need to increase the bias current and not to reduce it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back