Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do zeros tell us about the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

engrbabarmansoor

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
if poles tells us about the stability of the system,what do zeros tell us about the system?

zeros

zeros tell its a dumb system(at that particular frequency)(something like open circuit, for that particular frequency)...which is impossible case(unless you can implement a general non causal system)

Y(S) = H(S).X(S)

now if H(S) is 0 for Fz, then what ever the value of X(Fz)....Y(Fz) remains 0

zeros

Hi
well here are some few things I can still remeber(!)
I hope it helps.
in control engineering ,most of times ,
zeros are added to a system to stabilize it;
& to improve transient response of a system.

zeros do not have a simple interpretation just like poles.

also zeros delays the system & help it to be causal.
as you know its necessary for a causal system to have enough zeros otherwise it wont be causal.

regards
Armin

Re: zeros

If the zeros are inside of unitary circle, the filter or system has a minimum phase. If the zeros are out of the unitary circle, the filter has a maximum phase.

Regards

Hey,
Only zeros determines the settling time,peak overshoot ... Only by this
property , v r saying a system is dumped when zeros r added.. i.e its settling time increases..(depending on postion of the Zeros)...

the transfer function of any system is determined by the location of poles and zeros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back