Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

positive feed back in opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayurabh

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
if i give positive feedback in opamp how does value of gain changes of both non-invering and inverting amplifier i am confused all buks have worked on negative feed back but what happens if we give positive feedback and removing the negative feedback from opamp

Positive feedback in Inverting/Non-inverting config. (this is, if you connect the feedback resistor from output to the positive input terminal) causes saturation. Thus, the output saturates.

Why don't you try analyzing it yourself, using the same techniques as those for -ve f/b?

Positive feedback converts amplifier into Schmitt trigger (i.e. comparator with hysteresis).

hysteresis is import

In positive feedback the gain is ideally infinte...In real time opamp the open loop gain is so large that the output of the opamp saturates to either +Vcc or -Vcc...

positive feedback increases the gain of any circuit.... since the gain of the opamp is already very high and hence positive feedback results in opamp output saturating unless your input is very small....

it becomes a schmitt trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back