Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Atmel SAM-ICE to Segger J-Link conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayson

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
atmel sam-ice

The Atmel SAM-ICE is an OEM version of the Segger J-Link and only works with the AT91 series ARM microcontrollers.

Is it possible to convert the Atmel SAM-ICE into a non-restricted Segger J-Link capable of working with other manufacturers ARM microcontrollers?

- Jayson

atmel sam ice

That is not possible. They are actually different although for the Atmel chip, the functionality is the same and you are correct, the SAM-ICE is manufactured by Segger. A real J-Link does not cost the world and if you want to use it with a NXP device, I would recommend to buy an IAR SK that you can order from www.lpctools.com with J-Link for $300.
Robert

Robert

atmel sam ice preis

If you search on web ( I should sonsivri ), there is an "compatible" version with full schematic, fw ( binary ) and board. You could study, if the hardware is the same, I would dessolder the original AT91SAM and solder a pre-programmend with this "compatible" version, that is the way to save few bucks with an compatible hardware sold on on many stores, such as pnlab and VME. If you are good enough with smd soldering, in case of problems just replace the old ARM back and forget about mod your J-link.

I, personaly, will not take that risk, I would run into the compatible version and will keep my debugguer the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back