Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Earthing the feedback loop in voltage follower

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayurabh

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
in volatge follower circuit using opamp i short the feedback loop but what happens if i earth the feedback loop for eg in non inverint amplifier voltage follower if earthed the negative terminal what hppens to the output it remains same as input tothe positive terminal or not suggest me

Re: voltage follower

At noninverting amp, it is not very smart to connect V- to gnd, because you will not get what you want...

33_1179695734.jpg

As you can see Vout=0...

Even if you add resistor you will not get what you want... As feedback is applied, V+ must be equal to V-, but as you see it is not, because V- is gnd...
38_1179695814.jpg

So the best way is useing inverting amp....

If you need to use noninverting best way is to select resistances so that R1>>R2...
A = (1+R2/R1) => A=1 if R2/R1=0 => R1>>R2
93_1179696390.jpg

voltage follower

If you earth the inverting input (V-) of the opamp, then this voltage follower becomes a simple comparator. Then if input on non-inverting pin (V+) is > 0V then ouput (Vo) is +V ie max pos supply voltage - saturation voltage of the output stage. Similarly if input on V+ is < 0V then output is -V ie negative supply voltage (- saturation voltage, of couse).

You are right if there is no feedback... But without feedback you cannot get voltage folower, cause it is always behaveing as comparator

sayurabh,
If you "Earth" the inverting input, you no longer have negative feedback. You now have an amplifier whose voltage gain is the same as the open loop gain of the op-amp.
Regards,
Kral

sayurabh said:
in volatge follower circuit using opamp i short the feedback loop but what happens if i earth the feedback loop for eg in non inverint amplifier voltage follower if earthed the negative terminal what hppens to the output it remains same as input tothe positive terminal or not suggest me
woh it is crystal clear that ur o/p is shorted to ground .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back