Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gain bandwidth product??

Status
Not open for further replies.

barath_87

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Why should gain bandwidth of an amplifier be constant always.Is it constant in all cases??
If it fails where does it fail.........
Pls clarify this doubt of mine.
Thank you in advance.

could you clarify your question more?

gain bandwidth product is by nature constant for amplifiers.... it may fail if the system has too many poles... i'm not that sure of my second point....

Open the book. You will see the calculation of two stage amplifier. The formula of gain and f(0dB) is found. Product them, you should find answer.

Gain and Bandwidth relationship is found in Amplifier and oscillator.
for an ideal amplifier,the product should be a constt but in practice the gain and bandwidth must have a tolerance(a changing value)

usually we use voltage type opamp, so the gain and BW product is constant under a certain frequency value (in feedback mode, under UGB)

however, if the opamp is current mode , its gain and BW are not related. you can find papers about current mode amplifier, such as CCII.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back