Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How this code will avoid race conditions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunal1514

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

Can anybody tell me How this code will avoid race conditions ?

//------ AXI CLOCK GENERATION ------
initial
begin
#20; //------ This is to avoid race condition between "initial" and "always" block
axi_clk = 1'b0;
forever
begin
#(AXI_CLK/2) = 1;
#(AXI_CLK/2) = 0;
end
end

Regard's

Kunal Mishra

Re: Race Condition

I think in forever , you forgot to assign axi_clk . I guess this is psuedo code. How does this avoid race condition ? we'd be able to see if we had a always block , which here is not there! I think this might be a documentation for a older implementation . Most commonly people create clocks like

initial
begin
#20 clk =0;
end
always @ (clk)
begin
# (HALF_CLK_PERIOD) clk = ~clk;
end

Other way is the piece of code you have mentioned. It is my strong belief that Previously axi_clk was probably generated this way and later on converted to the way given by you which is much more elegant to look at.

Re: Race Condition

//------ AXI CLOCK GENERATION ------
initial
begin
#20; //------ This is to avoid race condition between "initial" and "always" block
axi_clk = 1'b0;
forever
begin
#(AXI_CLK/2) axi_clk = 1;
#(AXI_CLK/2) axi_clk = 0;
end
end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor