Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

R-S latch simulation question

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianomania

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rs latch unstable

i use two NOR gate with its output feed into each other as a R-S latch , but why the result is unstable when the simulation step is bigger then 1ns ? what i use is analog simulator.
I mean if we input 0 into S , then the output should be unchanged, but the result will be changed sometimes. But why? it is because the reason of simulator or circuit?

latch simulation

Try to use Initial Condition Option and set 1 and 0 (or 0 and 1) for outputs of latch.

rs latch instable

gevy said:
Try to use Initial Condition Option and set 1 and 0 (or 0 and 1) for outputs of latch.

sorry , the unstable condition not happen when it begins but it happen when it is free-running for a few seconds. Its condition is abruptly high when the RS -latch output is still low.

Status
Not open for further replies.