Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCAD, OrCAD or Ultiboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

techie

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad alternative

I have been using an old DOS based PCAD software for years and feel the need to switch to some better Windows based tool. My requirement is for simple PCBs that are mostly single or double sided. Can someone suggest a simple software that is not very hard to learn.

PCAD
Ultiboard
Orcad
Other

ultiboard tutorial

Just use Accel PCAD again becouse you can continue converting old files
and you can get is for about 4500 USA$. ..and it is really good tool !
my 2 cents !

ultiboard

have a look at this topic

**broken link removed**

it might be of help to u

orcad vs ultiboard

Powerpcb is the most friendly software

pcad software

I use PCAD 2004 SP3.....no Problems and Support is good. The Route Advanced Tool is a very good tool...I would prefer PCAD

ultiboard and eagle

If you looking for a professional pcb software, you need OrCAD, PCAD etc...
But if you are looking for with easy learning and useful software, i think you must use DipTrace.. It has tutorial file on their own site. It is very useful, you can make settings very easy...It has sch, pcb, component and pattern (footprint) editor. Making a component and pattern very easy. I strongly advice you, tray it...

ultiboard 10 tutorial

Don't consider Orcad, i used P-CAD last year, and now using Orcad, and i can that orcad has a lot bugs. May be protel?

ultiboard vs orcad

Techie,

I just need a favour from ur side.
WHich dos version of Pcad you r using?
Does it generates ascii format?

Please let me know

Thanks in advance,

abhi

ultiboard orcad

Why are you guys....missing Eagle CAD, it very powerful and easy to use as well!! www.cadsoft.de OrCAD layout not a bad choice either....

tutorial de ultiboard

Orcad capture and tutorials

eagle ultiboard

Dear

PCAD is simple and good for Small PCB at low frequancy or when u design high speed PCB U must hold the constrain in Your mind ( constrain as track impedance , delay , Relative delay in bus , Topology... its)

but PCAD is Start U can After that Switch to Allegro or PowerPCB

pcad dos

hi
i have used orcad pcad pads etc, if u know to use specctra then use orcad or pads. orcad has very high number of components in library.

ultiboard vs allegro

hi all

I am also using old pads 2000 (dos) and i have many finished job files.
Are there any tools to convert the old job files to other format?
eg. pads > pcad, pads > orcad, pads(dos) > powerpcb

thanks in advance.

pcad 2006 tutorial

I use protel and cadence for pcb design ! But now,i have a board designed by p-cad under dos. So,how can i find a copy of p-cad for dos? thanks!

accel-pcad.14

Hello
I am a PCAD user since PCAD 2000, but altium will stop to support PCAD software after 2006 release, I will not recommend you to use PCAD from now on.

orcad vs. ultiboard

Protel99SE

eagle cad vs orcad

i want alayout to design my project

eagle vs p-cad

I am lOsT

I am looking for a complete package but am lost since reading all these names. It seems for less complex designs orcad in a medium company orcad is not a bad tool.

From Schematic to simulation to layout is orcad the best option. (less than 60 components)

The next ones up would be the new protel (altium designer 6) or cadence/allegro or Mentor Graphics (someone tell me which Mentor is good please)

Eagle CAD, POWERPCB seem be the alternative to mainstream.

Is what I am saying correct? I am asking.

pcad to eagle

How about this EAGLE Layout Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back