Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for the pinout of 19-pin single line LCD display

Status
Not open for further replies.

masadi

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

i found a single line LCD (its display is like a series of 7-segment) which has 19 pins, i've tried to find some info , but i got nothing

anyone could tell me the pin assignment of this kind of LCD?
thanks in advance

BR
masadi

19 pin LCD

Does it have a part number, manufacturer logo, or other identifying info?
A small photograph may help too.

Re: 19 pin LCD

by number of pins on an LCD its practically impossible to know about LCD, whether it is an HD44780 compatible chipset or not? there must be some manufacturer part number or even pictures, only then guys here would be able to provide some help.

Re: 19 pin LCD

here is the picture

no information on this LCD at all

33_1180443295.jpg

19 pin LCD

Good luck with that, it's got no controller and cannot be driven with DC voltages. (also the voltage is unknown could be 3 or 5v)
Look at the datasheet for a PIC16F917 and read the section which applies to LCD control.

19 pin LCD

Looks like a bare LCD. You do need a AC signal to drive the LCD properly, but just to find out what the LCD displays, you can use this trick:

1. Take a small 9V battery
2. Put your thumb on one of the 9v battery terminal (does not matter which)
3. Brush your fore finger and the other 9v battery terminal across the pins.

You should be able to activate the segments to see what kind of pattern is on the LCD.

Other option, if you have a CRT TV.

Turn on your TV, turn off you TV, then put the pins nears the TV screen, and brush you fingers across it.

Don't over do either methods, since you can damage the LCD that way.

If you want to figure out what pins are connect to what LCD segment, set your signal generator at 100Hz or so and try combinations of the pins. Keep in mind the segments might be multiplexed and a single pin might be connected to more then one segments.

Cheers and happy experimenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.