Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ADS help" How to draw via between different layers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayleung

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I have a simple question about drawing vias between different layers in Agilent ADS layout windows. Thanks.

its very simple, select any layer which is free draw the shape of via, like rectangle to make box kind of via, circle to make cylinder kind of via, stright line to make planar via, (it is automatically extruded in to 3D by software), now go to subsrate create/modify, click layout layers tab, click the substrate layer in via you want to punch via, then on right you will find the drop down menu select the layer on which you made the shape of via, and click the button "via" which appear above apply button, thats it

jayleung

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi, mfarhan1. Thanks for your help. Actually I just saw your answer in the other guys post.

Well, can I ask you one more question, can ADS layout shows the 3D visualizations of the circuit? If yes, how? Thanks in advance~

yes that possible but its only after simulation, click mommentum -> post processing -> visualitzation, there you go

jayleung

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back