Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase-shift with transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironjaycuttler

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I really know what type of transistor i must use for Phase-shift 90° in advance, i have a signal sine of 2 MHz and i want chance his phase 90° in forward so what type of transistor i need????

Better use opamp as phase shifter. If you wish I can upload a multisim schematic of phase shifter.

any transistor can you,
you can connect it as a simple open loop
amplifier, when it is out of the first pole,
the output phase shift to the input is
180+90=270

billano786 said:
Better use opamp as phase shifter. If you wish I can upload a multisim schematic of phase shifter.

why op-amp is better than transistor as phase-shifter?
please upload the schematic. i found one phase-shifting circuit consisting of several transformers, diodes and capacitors.

Try this. You may need to tweak some of the components, but this is the basic principle. You can replace Q2 with a JFET, for better isolation of the RC shift network. R5 is used to adjust the phase shift to exactly 90°.

I really know what type of transistor i must use for Phase-shift 90° in advance, i have a signal sine of 2 MHz and i want chance his phase 90° in forward so what type of transistor i need????
By the way I invent and get samples of the PNP phase shifting transistor. It has long base and two pins connected to the end of base area. Finally it was oscillator with volt control ( strongly saying current ) with the band with 500-1500kHz. I think now it possible made something more interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.