Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Phase Tracking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumar16

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have some questions regarding phase tracking. I am testing this power divider (800Mhz - 3500 Mhz) with a specified phase tracking value of +/- 5deg. When i hook it up the the network analyzer and look at the phase it looks like a saw tooth filter and the phase difference in a complete phase (360 deg or from top to bottom of the saw tooth) falls under the spec, but it does so for only from 920 Mhz to 1300 Mhz (appox) but it repeats itself. Does this mean that the phase tracking value is only valid for this frequency? If this was to be used in an application where the phase tracking needs to be within +/- 5 deg but only between 2300 Mhz to 2800 Mhz, should a different model be purchased (since the phase is aroun 75 deg). I am confused about the whole phase issue, would really appreciate any feedback. I am new to this, sorry if its too trivial. Thank you.

The phase tracking refers to the phase difference between the two outputs over frequency.
The phase from input to output will vary considerably depending upon the path length through the splitter. The phase tracking is then a measure of the difference in path length from the input to each output.

Status
Not open for further replies.