Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Flyback and Forward converter simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStig

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I want to simulate a Flyback and a Forward converter. I've been trying, but there is a convergence problem in PSpice. I need the simulation to be quite long (1 sec or more) so all the transitory effects are stinguished. I simulated a Buck and Buck-Boost with no problems. I'm also a little lost finding a model for the transformer. I'd like to take the magnetization inductance, the turns and if possible the resistance into account. And the forward to have 3 wings.
Also, the voltage controlled switch I'm using doesn't seem a very elegant solution to me, is there any cleaner way to do it? Screenshots of the circuits I'm simulating:

Flyback:
**broken link removed**
(ignore the error, I just touched something right before taking the screenshot)

Forward:
**broken link removed**

What I'm trying to simulate are these models:
**broken link removed** (Flyback)
**broken link removed** (Forward)

If you know any site that provides similar examples or maybe one with converter schematics files it would be appreciated, I tried Googling but found nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back