Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convert a streaming video in MPEG2 format to PAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

billano786

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mpeg2 to PAL

I need to convert a streaming video in MPEG2 format to PAL (prefrably without using a PC). Any suggestions or help?

u have two solutions
1) using a PC, and here u need a PCI interface chip to interface with the coming mpeg II stream and ur PC, and then use software to decode the mpegII stream to Y-U-V, then convert the Y-U-V to PAL standard using a PAL encoder
the PAL encoders' algorithm could be found in open cores or u can read video demustified

2) using a hardware chip MPEGII decoder, and this way you will need to build a digital satellite receiver
chips could be found in all big IC companies, philips, ST, TI, etc..

Re: mpeg2 to PAL

you need a special set-top box, or you could DIY using Sigma Design's RealMagic chip. I know of at least 3 or 4 companies doing this kind of box, 2 of them are using Sigma Design's EM8550.

casual3

You will find this function of most DSP now days.

I know TI have big focus to promote on such codecs just now.

**broken link removed**

You do not say if you are delivering single stream or PES. If PES you need to have de-mux/section filtering as well, but you could also ask TI if they do this too.

The 640 series cost from $20-$60 depending on device but will output 656 video so need video encoder for back end to analog.

:R

Also the DSP have standard library function to take 656 video & digital audio to streaming IP with Ethernet MAC on board.......

:R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back