Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me identify my ICD2 as it doesn't want to program devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopcat

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have the ICD2 shown below

**broken link removed**

and i don't have any data sheet and it doesn't work when i try tp program my target device i have an error message to check if my device is properly connected!! all the operations are failed only the connecting one
help please and if any one has the manual of this ICD2 please to give it to me
thanks[/img]

Re: help on my ICD2

I do not have the manual, but since you can connect to it, you should try to run a self-test first and see what actually fails. If it passes the test, then you really need to check the connections to your target: ICD-2 cable, target socket, etc.

If anything fails during self-test, it is generally either Vdd or Vpp. The test will tell you. Pay close attention to what test fails and what it tells you, such as "target Vdd low", or something like that.

You should then be able to fix the problem. The schematic cannot be very complicated. Look for regulators that can be associated with the voltages involved: 5V and 13V. Check their output. If it is OK, then the problem is most likely the transistor(s) that switch those voltages to the target.

There are a couple of good ICD-2 clones on this board, and I think the schematics are very close to that of your ICD-2. Yoiu should be able to match it, or at least the pins on the micro. That will help you trace the problem, because if you know which pin on the micro drives the Vdd/ Vpp swithc then all you have to do is trace the circuit. Let me know how it goes, maybe I can help.

snoopcat

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
help on my ICD2

The OP has no idea what he bought !

He has not also mentioned where he got it from, if it's new or used etc....

This could be anything !

help on my ICD2

Most baseline ICD2 clones are often based on Lothar Stolz design (including mine) use that as a base or my Inchworm manual should be all you need.

**broken link removed**

The only real difference in the red PCB is a voltage multiplier chip so 5V becomes 13 (I use the ST232 to the same effect in my Inchworm and it works great)

snoopcat

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.