Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

<how to> combine 2 rf signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanfernandes

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
combine tv and cctv signals

:?:
Sirs

I am needing to combine the local terrestre antenna with a (VHF or UHF) modulator on single cable. The modulator carries the CCTV signal from a multiplexer circuit.

How to do it ?

And how to project a video amplifier to VHF/UHF band in order to distribute the resulting signal to 10 differente locations ?

Thanks In Advance
Jean Fernandes

how to cobine in rf

jeanfernandes said:
:?:
Sirs

I am needing to combine the local terrestre antenna with a (VHF or UHF) modulator on single cable. The modulator carries the CCTV signal from a multiplexer circuit.

How to do it ?

And how to project a video amplifier to VHF/UHF band in order to distribute the resulting signal to 10 differente locations ?

Thanks In Advance
Jean Fernandes

To combine for different frequency signals, it should be used either duplexer or simple combiner. Here is , the most important thing is to avoid impedance mismatching and to procure isolation between signals.

For this purpose you may use lumped duplexer what has a low pass and high pass filters that are convenient combined.

Or..

Use simple ferrite combiner (or commercial TV combiners work up to 2150MHz very well ) .

To distribute TV signal on a same cable to different receptors, you should use modulators that are locked on different carriers. For doing that either use TV modulator IC ( TDA8822T of Philips, I2C Bus Multistandard Modulator) which will be very good project for you or use commercial modulator modules which are available from different brands.

If I were you , I make a project muti modulator in single case with a single microcontroller.It's a good idea.. :)

Rgrds

combine rf signals

why bother
just modulate the cctv signal to the tv band using a simple modulator

then it can be carried along with the tv signal as a normal uhf you can if needed for cctv monitors demodulate it and use tv sets instead

to connect the modulators together use a Tpad attenuator on both outputs
followed by a standard 10 or 24 ways distribution amp
i recomend something like 150 150 150 R to give 1 db level for the distribution amps input
however most of the better dis amps come with more than one input

are are protected in a number of ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back