Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the SKILL language and how useful is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vreddy

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
icfb skill commands

can anyone brief me abt the skill language??
wat exactly it is?? is it necessary for a physical design engineer to know??
how it is useful??

skill icfb commands

it seems skill language is for virtuoso........full custom layouts......its like scripting used in other semicustom tools.........correct me if i am wrong

fundamentals of skill language

hi,
Skill is cadence proprietry language.It is used in virtuoso for Layout of designs.Skill is like script , it has eqivalent commandof every action performed in virtuoso.
Regards

skill language

Yes, skill is script language of cadence, if you use IC, i think you had better learn it, what it can do is more than the menu command

skill language

is it used for automation of PNR ??

Re: skill language

SKILL is a scripting language developed by CADENCE and forms almost the base for all their software tools. The ICFB /Virtuoso tool is written fully in SKILL. All the GUI that is shown in Virtuoso are nothing but SKILL functions running in the background.
It is similar to any other language with functions etc. If you want to automate anything in ICFB or Virtuoso, you can do that by writing a SKILL code and run it instead of doing it manually. You can also do all the PNR stuff that you want with that. The ROUTER that is provided in the ICFB/Virtuoso is nothing but a software enhancement written in SKILL language. Well if you want to know more about SKILL, please use cdsdoc and search for SKILL language manual. If you want to know some specific SKILL commands, go to ICFB window-> Tools-> SKILL development-> FINDER. You can search for the command that you need through this

Re: skill language

Hi,
How the SKILL is helpful in creating the pcells, in the SKILL script only the SKILL commands are used are mix of any other commands?...What we nned to consider when creating the pcells..which is preferd and best among the ROD and skill approach....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back