Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Fields for PhD in RF and Microwaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

nigosawa

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey guys
i am doing my masters in rf communications
i want to pursue phd in rf and microwaves but i have got no clue which area to opt for
please suggest me what should i go for my phd...
suggest me about the latest trends
i have got no one to consult with so i am asking you guys to direct me
it would be great if you help me promply otherwise i would miss the application deadlines

Re: phd suggestion

not a single suggestion :cry:

salaam
you can work phase noise of rf and microwave circuit.
hajimiri idea,you reed.he is adviser in caltech and thesis was phase noise.
work phase noise
thanks.
ardalan

sounds good

electim2004 said:
salaam
you can work phase noise of rf and microwave circuit.
hajimiri idea,you reed.he is adviser in caltech and thesis was phase noise.
work phase noise
thanks.
ardalan

you don't seem to be a very natural researcher then!! come on!!.. go and work for a few years, take on some projects, and eventually you'll be more motivated and have an idea about what to do. how about spending some time reading the latest journals, but dig into the ideas yourself..

phd suggestion

Does anyone have any idea of a thesis that studies the effects of antenna radiation on human?

GO for designing Very high frequency (>200GHz) communucation system design
Design & study performance of your designed components.
Search in Goog:Dle

phd suggestion

Does anyone have a good project on radar?

Dear friend,

As one of the guys said, your subject of research in PhD program depends to a great extent to your own interests and pre-research during your MSc period.
But just as a suggestion, I can say the sunbect of ultra high frequency circuits and also RF MEMS are two of the leading topics in the world at the moment.
I hope you success.

what if i want to get a phd degree in antennas?

yeah i thought of atennas too
but could you please elaborate more on that topic...i mean what specifically should i go for in antennas
one of my teacher suggested mimo ....what do you guys have to say about it

In today's RF and Microwave technology, designing passive and active filters is a good choice for both study and job. As an example. you can work on an active filter design for microwave frequencies. I have a friend in Arizona university who is now working on it.

You can always advance your masters research project to PHD as no resarch project is terminal.

dear nigosawa,

to know about mimo, check out this website

**broken link removed**

Hello
I think you have no problem to search IEEE papers and find new research topics, also you must consult with your advisor I think he/she can help you.

bye
viva Persia

do you like very high frequency rf. my mean is optics

actually i have done my bachelors in computers
my masters is in RF communications
i intend to go ahead in this field but i cant go to circuit designing as u know i dont have much of a background in circuit design theory
thats why i was asking for your suggestion to suggest me something that would suit me and is also according to current needs
my masters is about to complete in two months
dont worry about reading up....i will have about four to five months before i can start my phd...i will read up on the required field as much as required before starting phd
so give me some nice suggestions

phd suggestion

y u wanna do PhD???? n tht too in communication??? mayn!! u r frm computers.. try smthing in c,c++ etc.... they r rockin d world!! m frm comm field n nt getin a job... do u hate programming?

i wna do a PhD as well ..

Reason:
1> Difficult gettin a job bt theres no security afta PhD as well.. ma flatmate wif PhD in communication s nt getting it afta doin it succesfully in 3 yrs..

2> m in UK and it takes 3 yrs here instead of 5 in US
3> trying to get funding otherwise g2g back 2 india n find a job.. coz in UK they ask fr residentship n i dn have it....
[:(]...

nanak dukhia sab sansaar.. means every1 in d world is so sayd!! so cheer up mate [:p]

well yeah
i hate programming thats why i switched to communication

yeah there is no guarantee that one would get job after phd but still chances are increased after phd
i am in uk too btw lol

nigosawa said:
well yeah
i but still chances are increased after phd
l

They give u more time to say ur parents.... dad m still studing :D.... ma flatmate said tht engineer with 2 yr exp r preffered over him (PhD) 4 post of Sr. Er.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back