Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to get "gm" of a nmos using spectre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

holddreams

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to get "gm" of a nmos using spectre?
I use spectre command line to simelute the circuit.

Using calculator
deriv(Id)/deriv(Vgs)

Fom said:
Using calculator
deriv(Id)/deriv(Vgs)

1)Is there any methods to directly get gm? Just like in Hspice :
.probe par=('gmo(mn)')

2)How to show the "helped me" button?

Thanks.

in ADE window go to --results--direct plot--model parameters
then gm of transisistor is displayed in schematic

ADE
Results -> Print -> DC Operating Points

u can directly do dc simulation by saving op. point. later u can see the dc op. point for transistor where u can find gm.

I'm not sure but in Spectre we can declare the parameter and get the gm of transistor directly or go to the results and then browse to get the transistor level power screen in tht u can get the transconductance. I forgot the path,but it is from the Results menu.
Please try, if any prob do reply.

gm will vary with bias current id , so gm varies with id , please follow razavi text book for this one.

you can plot gm vs vgs (or Ids). THe way is to sweep vgs (or ids) and save the device's operation point( of course, gm) and do the plot.

use ADE : results=> print=> model parameters

it is ok now

once you finish simulation, what you can do it to go to the simulator window and you have an option to print operating point parameters, choose this option and you can see almost all the parameters. i agree that this is not convenient for those who are used to using hspice and eldo.

after your DC simulation, Results -> Print -> DC Operating Points is simple way

Status
Not open for further replies.