Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

A question about common input of OTA in ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnyee

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I am a beginner in Analog ADC design. Attached is a T/H circuit. I think that in order for the OTA to function, common mode input is needed to set the operational point. Does this circuit only show the signal path not including the common input at all? Do we need addtional switch circuit to connect to the VCM1? If yes, what is the general and reliable way people do? how about a differential case? Please give me advice and some good references.

Thanks.

Look for thesis and articles from Sumanen and Waltari (Helsinki). They both have worked extensively about ADC's designs.

No S3 sets the OTA input common-mode- you can use the same idea for a fully-differential amplifier. Also, it means you are using an OTA which can have same input and output common mode.

Bupesh

Status
Not open for further replies.