Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How PWM control output current and voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdFire

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear All,

Can anyone explain how PWM control output voltage and current?

Correct me if I am wrong.

PWM Duty cycle controls the output voltage and PWM freq control the output current.

Regards

Hi , i don't see how u can control current with pwm frequency !! , i don't think it's possible .

Pwm, basically, controls Voltage, and as u mentioned, it's the duty cycle who affects the output voltage .
Besides that, u sould consider using a filter as an output stage to obtain a stable output voltage . ( an RC filter for example ) .

i can't help you with current control , i hope folks here will tell u more about it .

Are you talking about chopping ?

chopping will reduce the amplitude.But with PWM,it controls the on time and off time of the voltage and amplitude remains the same.

Dear All,

I am referring to a Buck Converter Battery Charger for Li Ion, how can I control the constant current charge and then constant voltage charge using PWM? Thank you.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.