Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Automatic Vacuum Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSP

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed an automatic vacuum cleaner as my final year project.
It is interfaced with TSOP1738 infra red sensors and motors.
the sensors sense the obstacles and their output is given as the input to the motors.
i hv used P89LPC922 chip from Philips as the microcontroller for the purpose
my problem is that the sensors and the driver circuit are working perfect individually but when everything is intefaced together with the microcontroller,the application does not work.
The motors are getting proper current from the microcontroller.

Can anyone suggest what the possible problem could be?

The problem may be in P89LP.. cause its maximum output current is 80 mA, and its higly probabble that the motors "eats" more. Are you using some motor driver? Cause if you don't, the microcontroller will automatically reset if the output curent get higher than 80 mA.

Yes im using a current driver.
taht is the main reson why im not able to figure out the problem.If im using a driver,the motors should work.
I thought the problem could have been with the chip,so i replaced it,but htta was not the case.

Can you explain me what does the sentence "sensors and the driver circuit are working perfect individually" mean? Like it work when its disconnected? You vegotta debug this somehow. If the problem is in chip try to connect som diode or bulb (or something you can see) and program it to Shine and notshine forexample every 10th cycle of the program or just every secnond.

yes that's rgt.
they work when not connected with the chip.
i've checked the output of each of these components with a multimeter and they are giving the desired output.
but there seems to be some problem with the interfacing

Added after 1 hours 46 minutes:

how can i achieve ISP programming using this chip?
i want to program the chip without an RS232 interface

My ISP programmer uses RS232 :).

I dont know if taht chip is IS programmable. You better ask in microcontrollers section of this forum. Im sure they can help you there.

1. You have not specified the Motor driver details.
2. Have you used decoupling capacitors, in the appropriate places???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back