Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

add-on to an electrical muscle stimulation for walking

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronEJ

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
foot drop stimulation russian

I am designing an add-on to an electrical muscle stimulation unit to be used when walking to correct foot drop when the leg is going forward in the gait cycle. My expertise is in the application of the device, not the electrical makeup of it, but I have a basic design which involves an accelerometer which detects the direction the leg is moving and only turns on the unit when the leg is going forward. My problem is that I have an accelerometer that would work; the problem is it is only 4mm X 4mm in size, making soldering near impossible. There should be a socket to attach the tiny thing into; it is just that I don't have any idea where to find such a thing. The spec's of the accelerometer can be found at: https://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,2877,ADXL323,00.html . Do you know any way to attach it without having a sophisticated machine? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back