Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cross section view with Cadence Virtuoso layout editor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
virtuoso cadence view layers

I'm not a huge expert, but as I understand it the tool uses boolean equations plus bloats and shrinks to model the physical layers so in principle it should be possible to perform some spacing and thickness checks. I noticed the via fills are smaller then the vias themselves, so I'm guessing that it actually is possible to get some of the lateral effects you're thinking about.

I just forwarded your message to the chap who wrote the tool to see what he has to say.

In the mean-time, I'm still waiting for a downloadable version to try out myself.

Roger

tutorial gds2 export cadence

i tried running koala and rendering the nand4 example, but i get this error:

Shader "koala" - Shader objects not supported

anyone know how to resolve this?

koala gds

Koala will display this error message if it detects that the video card or the installed OpenGL drivers are recent enough to support per-pixel rendering techniques.

Since almost all recent video cards do support shader objects, it is possible that koala has incorrectly detected your video settings. Any information you could provide concerning your computer's configuration would be of enormous help to us: several related bug reports have been filed against this issue which we are actively investigating and for which we hope to have a solution for the next beta refresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back