Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shunt feedback amplifier in a broadband LNA project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian18

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
shunt feedback amplifier

Hi, there:
I am currentlly involved in a project of broad-band LNA, and the basic ckt is the shunt feedback amplifier, after reading some articles and papers, i find some authors assume the gain to be -(gm-1/Rf)/(1/Rf+1/Rl), or in case of large Rl, gain=(1-gm*Rf), where Rf is the feebback resistance, Rl is the load resistence and gm is the transconductance of the transistor. Using return ratio analysis, i can get the same result as the one mentioned above only when i assume Rs is approaching zero(which implies the feedback is not suffiicient), what is the problem here? can any one here give me a derivation for the gain of this amplifier

TIA.

shunt feedback amplifier

hi, any one wanna give me some info on this??

Thanks

Added after 1 hours 13 minutes:

anybody wanna comment on this topic?

Re: shunt feedback amplifier

Pls refer to the attachment on the shunt feedback amplifier explanation. Is Rs is the series resistance to the gate before feedback resistor Rf. I think Rs is neglected in the transfer function as the series resistance will be somehow smaller compared to feedback resistor and the contribution to the dc gain is also ignored.

Julian18

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back