Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

433.92MHz transmiter schematic question

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarized

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pt2262 schematic

Hello,

I am trying to understand the electrical schematics I have attached into this topic. The first schematic is showing the recommended circuit by the producer of the encoder chip PT2262, which is mainly used for radio remote control etc... The other schematic is using the same encoder chip, but the RF part is a little bit different. The second schematic is from a real device that I opened and made the diagram. The whole point is that I would like to increase the distance of this system. At the moment its using a PCB loop antenna and I would like to add an whip antenna in a telescopic form. I have measured the baseband signal with the scope and its a simple 3kHz digital waveform where the high state is 12V and the low state is 0V. For example at the moment i think this is a kind of a ASK system where as long the baseband signal is high the 433.92MHz is running and as soon its low the oscilator is stopped and so on... I dont have the values of all of the components in the second schematic as the elements are SMD without markings. Could I influence on the radiated power by changing some element values? I have also calculated in the second diagram the base current and the collector current, for example collector current is 18mA, this is a static bias value. The hFE of this transistor which I think is the same as its in the first diagram the MPSH10 is around 60. Could someone please describe the way how do the circuits attached operate for example the following things:

1.are they using common base or common emiter mode if the transistors at all are working as small signal RF transistors?

2. what kind of an oscilator circuit are we talking about in both of the circuits?

3. What about the first circuit, the encoder company didn't give any information about the center tapped inductance, where is the antenna in this case?

4. can I use a simple whip antenna instead of the loop antenna, do I need any impedance matching?

5. would the range be greater if a whip monopol antenna is used and which circuit is better and easier to modify for increasing the range?

6. even 100 meters larger range would be very good for me.

7. any deeper info how are the circuits operating.

8. Is there another way to increase the range of these circuits, maybe adding an additional RF transistor for more gain?

Thanks for your help.

58_1175871941.gif

Added after 2 minutes:

67_1175872201.gif

pt2262 circuit

polarized said:
Hello,

1.are they using common base or common emiter mode if the transistors at all are working as small signal RF transistors?

Take a look where is the smallest impedance reffer to ground signal in base or in emiter ?

2. what kind of an oscilator circuit are we talking about in both of the circuits?

It looks like Hartley

3. What about the first circuit, the encoder company didn't give any information about the center tapped inductance, where is the antenna in this case?

The antena is the coil itself

4. can I use a simple whip antenna instead of the loop antenna, do I need any impedance matching?

Your antenna inductances must fit with the capacitor to create resonance

5. would the range be greater if a whip monopol antenna is used and which circuit is better and easier to modify for increasing the range?

You need and external amplifier.

6. even 100 meters larger range would be very good for me.

7. any deeper info how are the circuits operating.

**broken link removed**

8. Is there another way to increase the range of these circuits, maybe adding an additional RF transistor for more gain?

Thanks for your help.

58_1175871941.gif

Added after 2 minutes:

67_1175872201.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

pt2262 antenna

Hello,

OK, this really is a Hartley based transistor RF oscilator. My next question is the following:

What is the purpose of this 10uH inductor in the first schematic which of course is providing the 12V DC bias, but the thing which is not clear to me is how is this inductor acting in the 433MHz band? If the impedance or reactance of this inductor has a high value in the 433MHz band then is it really introducing a difference when compared with a regular Hartley based oscillator circuit? I suppose this LED diode also serves as kind of a collector load for the DC conditions. Can someone explain then the real purpose of this 10uH inductor? Is it maybe to supress some unwanted harmonics, is it maybe an RF choke or an RF bead, altough RF beads also act as high resistances in the VHF/UHF bands. And my final question, what is acting as an antenna in the first schematic?

Thanks

Re: pt2262 circuit

Please, please polarized, say me what is value or data of the L2 coil. excuseme mi english. Thanks.
Mr. Palmas.

Added after 18 minutes:

Please, please melc, say me what is value or data of the L2 coil. excuse me my english. Thanks.
Mr. Palmas.

Re: pt2262 antenna

polarized said:
Hello,

OK, this really is a Hartley based transistor RF oscilator. My next question is the following:
What is the purpose of this 10uH inductor in the first schematic which of course is providing the 12V DC bias, but the thing which is not clear to me is how is this inductor acting in the 433MHz band? If the impedance or reactance of this inductor has a high value in the 433MHz band then is it really introducing a difference when compared with a regular Hartley based oscillator circuit? I suppose this LED diode also serves as kind of a collector load for the DC conditions. Can someone explain then the real purpose of this 10uH inductor? Is it maybe to supress some unwanted harmonics, is it maybe an RF choke or an RF bead, altough RF beads also act as high resistances in the VHF/UHF bands. And my final question, what is acting as an antenna in the first schematic?
Thanks

The 10uH and the 2.2uH inductors on the 2 resprctive circuits are RFC's (RF chokes) to stop RF going out to the +V DC supply... standard practice on any RF circuit.

Tho I's NOT IMPRESSED that in the first cct .. the one with the 10uH inductor that the poor LED is taking all the current needed for the transmitter.
Are you sure you drew this properly ??
I would more suspect that the diode comes off the +V rail to GND with a current limiting resistor ... if it doesnt it should!!
The +V rail should have its own connection to the transistor cct via the 10uH RFC

cheers
Dave

Re: pt2262 antenna

The inductor is only a RF choke to block the RF from entering your power supply, it can be omitted by placing a 33 pico cap between the 12v input to the loop antenna to ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back