Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LVS problem with values of schematic netlist and layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee484

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am currently using Calibre for my DRC and LVS.

But, in LVS check, I have a components that mismatches properties.
In LVS check, layout (*.gds) VS schematics netlist (not layout netlist vs schematic netlist) I have errors unless I have to make the values in schematic netlist the same as layout (*.gds).

for example, it is supposed to be "250u", but in *.gds file it has "250", which is a several orders of difference in unit.

My question is ..

at the end of taping out, does this will make errors? Or, shall I do layout netlist vs schematic netlist? And, can I trust this layout netlist vs. schematic netlist?
If *.gds file has error, will this be problematic in taping out???

Thanks~

Bee

LVS problem

if youre LVS is not clean then I would not tapeout unless you know for sure that these are dummy errors.

Re: LVS problem

A very strange error...
I agree that it should be LVS clean before taping out!!
Check ur schematic and schematic netlist once again....

Re: LVS problem

Hi ee848,

If I understand u correctly, here is the solution.
To have the netlist with units in micron, instead of the default meters, use

UNIT LENGTH 1

in the LVS rule deck.

Warnings:
1) This assumes that all DEVICE property calculators use scale properly and do not have fixed values in meters.
2) The distance measurements in SPICE models are defined in meters only. If any other scale is desired, that must be set by a simulator option. No such option is available in SPICE.

Hope this helps.

-no_mad

LVS problem

Try to find the scale factor in Carlibre and make scale=1u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back