Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

URGENT FOR GRADUATED PROJECT

Status
Not open for further replies.

jr600400

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points

HELLO EVRY BODY
i have agraduated project
its name is DOTMATRIX DISPLAY CONTROL
and i want to controll it by two method
1:by using the parallel port from pc
2:using the PIC microcontroller

and realy i finish the first part of the project by using C language and controlled the data from the parallel port to move (data english letter )on the dot matrix like tin banks
but to this moment i dont know how to do that by using the PIC microcontrooler

sopleas help me at once that i havent time
best regards
:idea:≤:cry:

the concept is like this...

If you want to display 'HELLO...', then you'll need to fragment the words into dots that can be arranged using dot matrix, for example you'll need, say about 5 coloumn for the word 'H' then the same for the 'E', 'L' and 'O', and only need one coloumn for the '.'. if you have an eight row of dot matrix then you have to make the word fix with that size, meanings that you have to create your own word characters based on your design.

If you have the all character, you have to understand the display method

1. remember that the character displayed is not at the same time for each coloumn or row ( you can choose your based), it is because you maybe dont have a lot of I/O port as usually the case of all dot matrix problem. it is mean that you will need to move the active coloumn or row from the first into the last and back again, so the display can bright the dot led at the unreceptable frequency of our eyes. This effect can make 'visual effect' that we see just the words 'HELLO' not the parts of it.

if you make it using PIC you need to learn about timer, then you need the shift register IC to help you in running the active dot matrix, also you need current driver to drive the leds.

Hi,
I am just giving one idea to handle the character map. You will have to create array of matrices that holds the character map for each and every character you want to manipulate. First fix the dimension, let us say 8x8. You can create the character map table by writing down first the 8x8 bit map, converting this into HEX and stroring the same. While retriving back, from HEX it is required to convert to bit map.
For eg. to store character 0

Bit map ======> Table
0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 ==> 7E
1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 ==> 81
1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 81
1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 81
1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
0 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 ==> 7E

Kars

u said the dotmatrix display but missed to specify the order so the best ting is to use a LCD display 2*16 connected to parallel port to wtite the data in any fassion u want

hi all
thank you for advising
but i want to say
that means atrfirst i must draw the word
then chang it to hex code right ?
pls advise me at once

try and say hi ...
:idea::D:cry:

Graduated at what level that you need to ask so basic things?

Kindergarten in electronics? Otherwise, what background do you have to graduate as what?

jr600400 said:

HELLO EVRY BODY
i have agraduated project
its name is DOTMATRIX DISPLAY CONTROL
and i want to controll it by two method
1:by using the parallel port from pc
2:using the PIC microcontroller

and realy i finish the first part of the project by using C language and controlled the data from the parallel port to move (data english letter )on the dot matrix like tin banks
but to this moment i dont know how to do that by using the PIC microcontrooler

sopleas help me at once that i havent time
best regards
:idea:≤:cry:

You can refer this link for your project.

https://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6033&highlight=Moving+Message+Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back