Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to gave phase shift on HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

saif haider

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hfss phase shifter

i m making a project on 2 elements phased array antenna on hfss the problem is that i cant able gave to phase shift the through lumped port, plz help me how to solve this problem

In your 3D window, you can find "Edit sources" as a sub bullet in one of the menus.. I can't remember exactly where. But you can change phases and amplitudes of your ports here. Also, these questions are more suited to the EM simulation board.. :)

Thanks for the message. I had the same problem.

In your 3D window, you can find "Edit sources" as a sub bullet in one of the menus.. I can't remember exactly where. But you can change phases and amplitudes of your ports here. Also, these questions are more suited to the EM simulation board.. :)

dear ananth
I changed the offset phase of the ports in edit source but i dont got diffrent result
I mean with 0 or 90 or 180 degree of offset phase the results are same!
i.e S12.
can you help me if I'm wrong?
thanks.

You might have the elements widely (e. g. too far apart) spaced. Take a look there. The patterns should still differ, but the variation would not be so obvious. You would see numerous lobes in all cases.

When you excite one element do you see a pattern that looks sensible? (Check the obvious.) How about the other element?

Do a calculation by hand. Does HFSS mirror the manual result?

Are you looking at the pattern in the appropriate plane or an orthogonal plane? You might try a 3D pattern plot. Are you asking for an appropriate polarization? Are you plotting with enough resolution?

How does the element pattern compare to the expected array pattern. One could get tangled there as well.

You might have the elements widely (e. g. too far apart) spaced. Take a look there. The patterns should still differ, but the variation would not be so obvious. You would see numerous lobes in all cases.

When you excite one element do you see a pattern that looks sensible? (Check the obvious.) How about the other element?

Do a calculation by hand. Does HFSS mirror the manual result?

Are you looking at the pattern in the appropriate plane or an orthogonal plane? You might try a 3D pattern plot. Are you asking for an appropriate polarization? Are you plotting with enough resolution?

How does the element pattern compare to the expected array pattern. One could get tangled there as well.

dear Azulykit
you are right the radiation pattern will be diffrent when we change offset phase
but the S21 paremeter is same although we change this parameter
can HFSS v11 calculate S12 paremeter and mutual effect correvtly
here is my hfss file:

Attachments

• two arraynew.rar
    10 KB · Views: 244

Hi,
I am trying to do simulation for the package (LTCC).Well i done drawing using CAD and imported in HFSS .now i want to change some parameter in the package .like Anular ring ,width of the wire bond pad line etc .

Which is not a variable for HFSS .I want to make that as a variable in HFSS.so that i can do optimization.
Can u help me out on this .....

U can ping me through my personal mail id :viswaimpulse@gmail.com

Thanks & Regards
Viswanathan.B

Hi Viswatess,

To study the effect of a dimensional change with HFSS you have two choices. You can redraw (in your CAD package) and import the model for each change you contemplate. This is probably a hard road to take. The second choice is to create a parametric model using the HFSS "CAD" front end. I much prefer this approach. Parametric models are not particularly difficult to create. Start with the HFSS documentation and study the features in this area.

As you are creating a parametric model give some thought to what you anticipate wanting to change. How you create and dimension a model will greatly effect how flexible it will be. Even with good planning you sometimes will "paint yourself into a corner" and will need to redraw. "Record script" can also help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back