Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weird THD results of a SH circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

sachinagg77

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Friends

I designed a SH circuit as first stage for my pipeline ADC. I use Cadence Analog Design environment and spectre for simulations.

I performed a DFT analysis on data obtained by transient analysis (coherant sampling, strobeperiod option used). The plot looks fine.

I also included the "fourier" component from the "analogLib" to get the THD results.

I noticed that as I reduce the number of sample points from 2048 to 256, the THD results gradually deteriote. To my surprise, the THD was positive for 256 points. Something seems to be wrong as the DFT plot still looks fine, though the noise floor goes up with decreased sample points.

Any advise would be appreciated.

With Regards
Sachin

THD: Spectre

there is some hints for thd you leave out the settling output in the begining second you take many periods from the signal third you don not reduce the points you take in every period

Status
Not open for further replies.