Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FCC band-edge test for 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11a

Status
Not open for further replies.

crenyen

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can anyone tell me the FCC band-edge test spec. for 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11a and how to slove the band-edge problem?
Because my AP Router failed in this certification item and I still can not find way to solve this problem.

Best Regard
Thanks

fcc band edge

Well, basically the power outside of the allowed frequency band exceeded the level specified by the FCC. You make the test with a spectum anlyzer while the wireless card is doing its thing.

You may be missing the spec because:
You are overmodulating, or not filtering the transmitted signal (usually digitally filtered) enough
You need a tighter RF filter somewhere
You are overdriving the output amp and it is generating spectrum regrowth
Your center frequency might be drifting too low or high, and spilling energy out-of-band
You could have mistakenly programmed the wireless card to use a frequency outside of those allowed in the US

Re: FCC band-edge test

Hi Biff

How are the Band edge conducted emissions measured??

Can we compare Band edge Conducted emissions and Radiated emissions??

FCC band-edge test

Conducted emíssions are measured up to 30 MHz according to most EMC standards, they are typically not a problem
with GHz wireless devices, and also not related to band edges. Generally, detailed measurement methods are specified
in all respective standards (FCC, ETSI, EN).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back