Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a 2D EM software

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayleung

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I am looking for a 2D EM software which can provides the transmission line per-unit-length parameters (R,G,L,C). Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Re: 2D EM software

Try TNT-MMTL, the Multilayer Multiconductor Transmission Line 2-D and 2.5-D electromagnetic modeling tool suite, which generates transmission parameters and SPICE models from descriptions of electronics interconnect dimensions and materials properties.

The MMTL suite consists of several programs, including lossy, loss-free, quasi-static, and full-wave simulators. Circuit parameters are computed by either the method of moments (MOM) or finite element methods (FEM). Basic per-unit-length parameters are generated by the simulator, and can be converted into HSPICE W-element models.

This tool has a very nice GUI

Home page at http://mmtl.sourceforge.net/.

jayleung

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
2D EM software

Are the TNT-MMTL or LINPAR free software, share software or commercial one? Since I am only a student, I do not have a large budget to get the expensive one.

TNT-MMTL is absolutely free

jayleung

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

I found that the TNT tool doesn't give out the per-unit-length capacitance matrix by using the BEM method.

The help document is too short and I am not quite sure whether there is any special setting for getting that capacitance matrix. If anyone used it before, please help.

Dear
Try to use Ansoft 2D extractor.
This tool give you what u need R,L,G,c Z0,..:Lumped , distributed circuit for transmission line or any complex geometry, also u can have multiple format output like spice, maxwell,..
Enjoy

You might look at

AWR's txline
Agilent has a free calculator: AppCAD
Polar Instruments: Si8000 or Si9000 impedance calculators

These are several options to consider (cost varies from free to expensive).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back