Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Behaviour of Electromagnetic Waves

Status
Not open for further replies.

16F676

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,
I am new to this forum and I don't know much about electromagnetic waves.
I know electromagnetic waves can reflect in smooth metallic surfaces. That principle is widely used in antenna like parabolic dish. What’s the behavior of electromagnetic waves in a magnetic field? Is electromagnetic wave can refract in a magnetic field? If so, is it possible to redirect the waves with the help of stationary magnetic fields? Is it possible to apply this idea for creating high gain antennas?

Your valuable comments are appreciated.

In reality, how do you can creat a stationary magnetic field? I know that we could creat the structure "magnetic conductor", understand having very high impedance and being nearly lossless, wave surface destructive..., --> can creat very high gain

Hi,

the answer is simply NO! In Vacuum there is no direct interaction between fields (principle of superposition).

The only possible interaction would be via matter. Circulator work in this way. You have a static magnetic field to bias the ferrite and the HF wave is deflected by the biased ferrite.

F.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back