Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sony KV-21JDR1 TV problems with screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutenel

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi sir:

This is nelson, I would like to ask about the tv trouble (sony KV-21JDR1).
2 inches vertical picture appearingin the screen.
The sound is Ok, Hope for your further information.

Thank you sir/madam!!

troubleshooting

It sounds like you have either a vertical output failure or a power supply failure feeding the vertical output circuit. The vertical deflection yoke is typically fed through an electrolytic capacitor. This cap often dries up and loses capacitance giving this shrinking picture effect.
Find the schematic and locate the vertical output IC. Measure the VCC to the chip and verify that it is ok. Then check or replace the electrolytic capacitors associated with this chip. While the vertical output chip itself could be bad, I would first suspect the caps.

Re: troubleshooting

banjo said:
It sounds like you have either a vertical output failure or a power supply failure feeding the vertical output circuit. The vertical deflection yoke is typically fed through an electrolytic capacitor. This cap often dries up and loses capacitance giving this shrinking picture effect.
Find the schematic and locate the vertical output IC. Measure the VCC to the chip and verify that it is ok. Then check or replace the electrolytic capacitors associated with this chip. While the vertical output chip itself could be bad, I would first suspect the caps.

Hmm, yep, you're right. I have seen (and repaired) a similar problem. Large electrolytic cap was defect, all dried up. After replacing the cap the tv was good as new and last another 9 years..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back